CARPENTER & WESTLEY



LOCATION
London. England.


HISTORY
Leading british manufactor of magic lanterns and slides.

Philip Carpenter was established as early as 1815 as optician in Birmingham. In 1826 he moved to London where he stayed until his death in 1833.

His sister, in partnership with William Westley, continued the buisness and it was known by the name Carpenter & Westley from1835.

The firm produced several astronomy related mechanical slides that usually falls into the Planetaria section when sold at the auction houses nowadays.


Carpenter&Westley boxed set of astronomical
mechanical magic lantern slides.


A Mechanical Planetarium ca 1855.


The Mechanical Astronomer gives his show!
BACK MAIN PAGE