JOHAN G KLINGER


LOCATION
Nurmberg. Germany


HISTORY
Johan George Klinger,1764 - 1806, started his production of globes in 1790.

After his death in 1805 the firm continued under the management of his widow in the name of J. G Klinger s Kunsthandlung.

In 1831 the firm was taken over by engraver Johan Dreykorn and others. The firms name was left unchanged.

In 1852 Carl Abel took over as manager and the name changed to C. Abel Klinger Kunsthandlung.

The Klinger firm published several astronomical models in the 1850-1900 period.





Armillery Sphere by Klinger Firm ca 1830


Globe in box by Klinger Firm ca 1850
BACK MAIN PAGE